1) I’m extra grateful that I’ve started reading The Artist’s Way, Creativity as a Spiritual Practice, by Julia Cameron. This is my 2nd time following her 12 week journey to a deeper level of creativity.
2) I’m extra grateful that my home is a cozy and bright sanctuary with 8 windows and 4 sliding glass doors.
3) I’m extra grateful for my CD player that can play 5 CDs. At this moment it holds: Chris Botti, Italia – Keith Jarrett, The Melody At Night, With You – Keali’i Reichel, Kawaipunahele -Dan Gibson’s Solitudes, The Nature of The Grand Canyon with Music, and Alison Krauss, A Hundred Miles Or More. Just press “shuffle” and I’m off to a kinder place where my soothing and gentle music can quiet my mind and soul from my relentless symptoms of Fibromyalgia and the fatigue and isolation that accompanies it. **
4) I’m extra grateful for my neighbor Emma. After school yesterday she came over to vacuum and help me with chores. (Her mom says Emma can help me twice a week!)
5) I’m extra grateful for today’s unexpected and much-needed rain.
6) As always, I’m extra grateful for the thoughtfulness of my creative life long friend D.D. Plus she gave me flowers that she said were grown in “Whoville”. I believe she is right!
7) I’m extra grateful I wrote my grateful list, because I believe I’m beginning to feel extra blessed now too.
** (A side note recommendation: A Hundred Miles Or More contains the mystical heart-felt song My Ain True Love, which was written and performed by Sting and Alison Krauss for the 2003 film Cold Mountain. The DVD has a 2nd disc, Words and Music of Cold Mountain, a Royce Hall Special. Half way through the captivating performance and readings from actors and other brilliant musicians, My Ain True Love is performed by Alison Krauss and Sting. I must say that the 2 disc DVD has carried me through a few “staying at home all day sick days” and the side effects are better than any freakin’ meds I’ve had to take [and then stop taking]. If a DVD can grab my mind while the rest of me is uncomfortable, then it must be extra good and for that I am extra grateful!)