1) I am grateful to watch the new library being built close to my home. It will open in 2012.
2) I am grateful to know we have a community play house. One afternoon, they allowed anyone who presented their unemployment check stub to get in for free. I was incredibly grateful as I enjoyed the play.
3) A beautifully painted trash can in front of the play house made me smile – I’m grateful for this trash can!
4) I am grateful that every old oak tree in my community is considered to be extra special.
5) I finally explored the Metro Station in our community. I am most grateful to know I can take the train to the beach, or to visit a friend when I’m just not up to driving.
. . . . a pleasant and clean place to sit in the shade and wait for the train.
Stopping to look at railroad tracks brings me a feeling of hope and freedom.
All of this, and more, in my friendly community.